Click on the link below to view the most recent statistics from Kerry Community Transport Ltd
With the Rural Transport Programme celebrating 10 years of Rural Transport this year, the latest edition of the Rural Transport Programme Newsletter outlines the development of Kerry Community Transport over that period. Click on the link below to view the newsletter.
Our Guiding Principles and Aims
RURAL TRANSPORT connecting RURAL IRELAND
Kerry Community Transport Ltd - "Your Community Bus"
KCT Guiding Principles
- KCT will endeavour to provide transport services, which promote social inclusion and equality of access in terms of availability and accessibility and affordability in communities throughout Co. Kerry.
- KCT will work in partnership with local communities in designing, developing, promoting and evaluating transport, which responds to local existing and unmet transport needs
- KCT will continue to implement quality standards through the Board, staffing and in the delivery of services by operators.
- KCT will identify areas where integration and collaboration can be achieved with other agencies, organisations and public and private providers
- KCT will operate in an efficient manner and where possible utilise new technologies in creating new efficiencies within the Company
- KCT will record best practice to influence the development of local, regional and national transport policy
These values reflect the key principles of the Rural Transport Programme
Equality, Social Inclusion, Community Based Approaches, Diversity and Learning, Quality, Integration, Value for Money
KCT Strategic Aims
- To develop and deliver transport at local level through a community development approach by engaging with local communities, community & voluntary organisations and Local Development Companies in response to the needs of people of Kerry
- To continue to engage with agencies and organisations through consultation and joint action, leading to an interagency strategy to identify and develop transport solutions
- To research other non-conventional methods of transport provision to allow for flexibility in the delivery of transport services across the County
- To continue to develop and deliver an integrated, accessible and affordable community transport service open to the public through a company that focuses on quality structures and efficiencies
Please click on link for access to the KCT Strategic Plan 2008 -2010 full plan